Death of man in multi-state chase ruled a homicide


Investigators from the New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit remained at the scene of the crash and shooting Friday morning at the Bear Hill and Amesbury roads.

Massachusetts State Police conducted a pursuit of a stolen ME vehicle with the same license plate number linked to a wanted Presque Isle man Thursday night. "There were probably about 30 rounds shot off", he said, adding that police returned fire.

The chase began in Malden, Mass., when police spotted Brown, who was wanted by ME authorities in a sexual assault case, just after 11 p.m. Thursday.

Desmond described Brown as a loving father with a great sense of humor, she said he died an innocent man.

The shooting is being investigated by New Hampshire State Police and the New Hampshire Attorney General.

An autopsy performed Friday determined Brown died from a single gunshot wound to the neck.

Cuba slams Trump's reversal of newfound friendship
Trump cast that as a sign the US still wanted to engage with Cuba in hopes of forging "a much stronger and better path". Tourists will still be able to travel to Cuba , but it will be harder and restricted compared to the Obama policies.

MacDonald said more information is expected to be released after the troopers are interviewed.

The chase lit up social media, with unsubstantiated claims concerning the number of police cars involved, the roads the chase followed and whether a state police helicopter was involved.

"We'd been searching for him, been following any leads that we had, where he could possibly be, where he could possibly be going", Detective Beck said. Brown did not show up for the meeting, however, and Beck and other officers have been trying to locate him since. Brown was considered armed and unsafe.

The practice is standard for any officer-involved shooting, he said.

Brown has a previous criminal history. In 2012, he was convicted of domestic violence assault and criminal threatening for a separate incident in Waterville and was sentenced to three years in prison.