Iran arrests more suspects after Tehran attacks

Share

Iranian intelligence minister Mahmoud Alavi said state operatives and "fellow intelligence services" killed the "commander of the team" that carried out the double attacks, Alavi told the IRNA new agency, according to the Washington Post.

Alavi said the operation was carried out by security forces on Saturday in collaboration with the secret services of neighbouring countries, reports Efe news.

The photo shows the scene outside the Iranian parliament in the capital Tehran on June 7, 2017 during an attack on the complex.

Up to 50 people have been arrested in Iran in connection with terrorist attacks in Tehran last week that left 17 people dead.

Senior Iranian officials have accused the USA of supporting the Islamic State terrorist group and effectively forming an alliance with it, claiming that Tehran possesses documents to prove the allegations.

"The terrorist attacks indicated the terrorist groups have failed to achieve their main goal and targeted the parliament and Imam Khomeini Mausoleum, finally resorting to martyring the innocent people and the staff at the parliament", Larijani added.

Cristiano Ronaldo welcomes twins
Cristiano is yet to publicly confirm the happy news, but it was reported in March that he was expecting twins very soon. The same source added they were born Thursday. "The baby was born and she doesn't know anything about him".

Daesh claimed responsibility for the suicide bombings and gun attacks on parliament and the mausoleum of the Islamic Republic's founder, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, on Wednesday.

On Friday, Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said the attacks would only increase Tehran's hatred against the United States and its Saudi Arabian "stooges".

Alavi said his ministry observed a flurry of terrorist activity in recent months, as opposed to the time when it was detecting two to four terrorist cells per month.

Bur speaking in response to Rohrbachers comments Matthew Levitt, director of The Washington Institute's Stein Program on Counterterrorism and Intelligence, said: "It's never in our interest to support a terrorist group like the Islamic State".

Fars also claimed that five of the gunmen and bombers were Iranian members of Islamic State who had fought in the militants' strongholds in Syria and Iraq.

"Terrorists took the auto to go to the mausoleum of Imam Khomeini [south of the metropolis]".

Share