London terror attack: who was Youssef Zaghba?

Share

The youngest of the attackers, an Italian national of Moroccan descent, he was allowed to enter the United Kingdom and had been living in east London. "Not unreasonably, these questions are being asked".

Near Zaghba's mother's house in Fagnano, 20 km south-west of Bologna, close family friend Franca Lambertini said the young man had gone to London to find work."He was very good".

The third London Bridge attacker was identified Tuesday as a 22-year-old, Moroccan-born Italian who had been previously stopped by security forces who suspected he was bound for Syria and reportedly notified United Kingdom authorities, according to British police and Italian media.

The 22-year-old was believed to be an Italian national of Moroccan descent and lived in east London. In his spare time, he tried to recruit followers to the Islamic State group - a practice that prompted a neighbor to report him to the police in 2015.

Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera reports Zaghba was born in 1995 and holds dual citizenship.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "Detectives investigating the London Bridge terror attack have carried out a search warrant at an address in east London in the early hours of Wednesday June 7".

Her son and the two other attackers rammed a van into pedestrians on London Bridge, then ran into the Borough Market area, and slit throats and stabbed people indiscriminately before they were shot and killed by police. "However, there was no intelligence to suggest that this attack was being planned and the investigation had been prioritized accordingly", he said. In a letter posted outside Tuesday, the Ummah Fitness Centre said staff would "help the police in any way we can".

The third attacker, Rachid Radouane, 30, also from Barking, was not known to the security services.

I feel ready for Champions Trophy now: Dinesh Karthik

Choudary is considered responsible for recruiting several hundred people to travel to the Middle East to fight for al-Qaeda and the Islamic State, and for inspiring those who killed the British soldier Lee Rigby, who was hit by a auto and then attacked with a meat cleaver outside his barracks in southeast London in 2013.

Eighteen plots have been stopped since 2013, including five since the Westminster attack.

"Looking back over the information we had at the time, so far, there is nothing to show that poor decisions were made. As the prime minister has indicated, we're going to need to do some things differently".

The trio killed eight and injured 48 in their rampage around London Bridge and Borough Market on Saturday night. The organization is seeking to cut up to £400 million ($515 million) from its budget, potentially wiping as many as 12,800 police officers from the force - a reduction in its strength of up to 40 percent.

"In fact he never lived here", said the mayor, Daniele Ruscigno.

President Donald Trump spoke in front of leaders from 50 Muslim majority countries last month, said Fox News.

Khan also called on the United Kingdom government to cancel Trump's planned state visit: "I don't think we should roll out the red carpet to the president of the USA in the circumstances where his policies go against everything we stand for", he told Channel 4 News.

Share